Thursday, January 15, 2009

2008 ....gone in a flash!

As I was going through the images of this past year I thought about how important photographs are. How they represent a moment of our life. A life that is not posed and perfect, but a snapshot of who we really are...at that very moment.


I love to capture the emotions and moments that in an instant are gone....and when we look back on the images we see more than just who or what the image is of....but to really see that moment, and what it represents in our life. Not just the smiles but that little pout on a child's face, a tear of happiness on the cheek of a new bride or that soft little curl of hair on a babies neck. These and so many more are the things I don't want to forget...these images are our memories. Proof that we were here........





3 comments:

little sara said...

awwwwww mamo you make me cry!!

Anonymous said...

cute mamo. It made me smile. i can't believe that yr is over. I'm glad i made it through, it kinda sucked but the pictures made the bad seem like nothing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dana,
I totally agree with everything you said here. That is how I feel too! I always say my pictures are my memmories...some day when I get older and can't remember.(which has begun!) I think I can look back through my pictures and I will see with my eyes and everything will come back to me...

You have had a great year! I can see it in your pictures! You are so talented...and have a lovely family!

Dawn