Sunday, December 7, 2008

Homemade Noodles?

Yes, homemade noodles......they have been my favorite part of the holiday meal since I was little. I remember my grandmother making them. Last year at my mothers request I made 9 batches (36 eggs) so we would have plenty to go in the freezer after the holidays for her to make afterward........I guess a favorite of hers to. This year I was making for my side of the family's Thanksgiving meal and also my husbands side of the family so I made 15 batches! (60 eggs) With my mothers help of cutting them up we were done in just under 4 hours. Many people use a pasta maker and cutter, but I prefer to roll out and cut without the use of those contraptions. One....just something else to wash, LOL and Two....I just like the look of the hand cut noodles, less like bought noodles.




The noodles need to dry before bagging them up for the freezer so we spread a clean sheet on the guess bed and let them air dry. We had lots of noodles for both Thanksgiving meals and lots for Moms freezer! Yummy! Now I will have to make some for us here at home in Texas......It's not a Holiday Meal without them!

No comments: