Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ornaments and Memories

I thought I would post a few pix of some of my favorite ornaments. For many years we collected Hallmark Ornaments. It was a lot of fun when the kids were little to share this together, picking out the ones we would want to get each year. It was a lot of fun and it is a part of them being small and here with us I miss about the holiday's.
Our pretty tree.

This is the very first Hallmark Ornament we bought - Reindoggy 1988
I even remember going to the store with the kids and buying him, we couldn't wait to get home to put him up. He was the start of it all.
Mouse in a Nutshell Sail Boat
Fishin' Santa
Butter Cup - First in Series "Mary's Angels" 1988
This little mouse in a nutshell tub - Too Cute!
Noah's Ark w/ movement
I think this one is just fun!
A First in a Series 1991 - 1957 Vet
Coke Cola Santa - This is one of my faves.
We have a beautiful tree and each ornament on it has a special story. This year I had to decorate the tree all my self, and I thought as I handled each ornament about it's story. This year it will be the first time my husband and I won't have any kids at home on Christmas morning. It will be different for sure, but by afternoon our youngest will arrive and a few day's after that our oldest will arrive with her family. One Christmas I hope to have all four kids and their families here. It will be a house full but wouldn't that be wonderful.

1 comment:

little sara said...

aww remember that one year me and you decorated the tree?!? i do, it was a good time. i love yalls ornaments, they're the cutest things ever and they make me super happy.