Thursday, April 10, 2008

All the pretty Deer






My hubby is hunter, although I prefer to hunt with my camera, we both enjoy a good drive to stalk the wildlife with my camera. He has even gotten me a hunting blind for photographing wildlife. I haven't gotten to use it yet, but hope to.

Possum Kingdom Lake in Texas I have found is great for taking pictures of deer. There is no hunting on the peninsula and several of the homes along there set out feeders, so the deer are not that skittish, they practically pose for you. We haven't been yet this year, but the last few years I have gotten some great shots. Sometimes you just get lucky with the expressions on their faces. The buck with his tongue stuck out at me, what do you think he was trying to say! lol
I really like the picture of the doe, in the thicket behind her if you look close you and see the buck standing watch.

1 comment:

dot said...

So many deer pictures! I can't get just one.