Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake in Central Illinois


Excitement in the Midwest early this morning. The center of the shaking just few miles west from my sisters house in Lawrence Co. IL. I talked to my parents in Flora just 30 or so miles north west from West Salem, IL where the center was. My dad said they weren't sure what was going on for a few minutes. The shaking and rattling knocked some pictures of the walls, but that was all at their house. I'll call my sister this evening, my folks said they talked to her this morning and she told them it really shook things up there. I remember the earthquake in that area in 1968. I was 6, I remember standing in the kitchen with all the dishes rattling and clinking together, not really knowing what was happening.
I hear no major injuries or major damage, I guess the early time 4:37 am or so made the difference.

No comments: